I think it’s time to change my shampoo and conditioner. Or maybe wash my hair more. Or less.
Shrimp, grits, and braised collards for breakfast this morning. I was able to make the grits taste cheesy without butter (I used ghee) or cheese (nutritional yeast flakes).
The days are muggier now, though we had a short moment of rain this evening that only cooled the air slightly. The sky was a beautiful gray against the delicious jewel green of the trees – my favorite color combination, only missing the gold of wheat fields.
Class number three tonight – I try to teach but this being my first class I know I need work if I’m to do more. And I’m not sure I want to. Or maybe I’ll try a class for children?
He made steak tacos after marinating them for a few hours. The steak was a cheap cut, discounted at the store, but cooked to perfection. I was fed a bite that almost melted in my mouth.
I’ve brushed my teeth and I can still taste the garlic from dinner. That’s not usually something I’m upset about though.
Songs written and named after formations and happenings in outer space to accompany my writing tonight.
01. My day of rest has not been so restful.
02. I got a full cup of coffee down today without wanting to send it back up. Did not take supplements. I fear one of the parties will have to leave.
03. I’m close to finishing the book. It’s words are something I want to believe but my faith has wrestled enough to have trouble with staying constant.
04. I have prepped the ingredients for a Thai red curry. The apartment is filled with the smell of the aromatics before they’ve even hit the hot pan.
05. The wind has been strong today. I like the way it whips through the curtains and brushes across my cheek and legs. I don’t like the green pollen it carries.
06. I’ve had three small gluten free brownies today.
07. I forgot to add fish sauce.
01. I have a book that I read a few chapters from and then put down for a time. I seem to pick it back up when I need its words.
02. I asked about the amount of school tours at the museum that day, not expected the five minute conversation about Cleveland’s collection, Georgia O’Keeffe, and getting distracted by art - something we should allow ourselves more often.
03. I’m glad I walked. The pond was quietly elegant, its trees still in bloom.
04. Live classical music in the lobby of the clinic - a cellist and pianist. I noticed one man who sat right in front of the piano, his back to the music, bent over his laptop. I wanted to ask him if he could even hear it.
05. A Washington state Syrah when I got home. Very fruity and light but not too sweet. It had been a long day.
06. The almond flour brownies start with melting two sticks of butter with one cup of chocolate, adding a teaspoon of vanilla and a cup of sugar off heat, and 3 beaten eggs and a cup and a half of the flour once it’s cooled down a little. Bake it at 325 for about 25 minutes. Maybe 30.
07. Home group always starts out a little rocky for me. I don’t always want to be there initially. But, almost every time, it gets better as the night progresses. It ended with a brownie s’more sandwich and a conversation with a new friend before she leaves for another country.
01. I keep checking my nails to make sure the lobster red hasn’t chipped. They need to make it another week and a half. This vanity is foreign to me.
02. I’m thankful my black coffee is going down without issues. My body must be getting used to the supplements.
03. Day two of sore throat, day one of pressure headache. Pondering the purchase of over-the-counter drugs or natural remedies. Always a fight.
04. “Circe” has my complete attention right now. Greek mythology always has.
05. The bed is finally off the floor. Furniture assembly was designed to test marriages.
06. I didn’t sleep well without the fan. I need to get to Lowe’s before work today.
07. April’s rain has stripped something away from me. I hope May will reveal it. I feel ready for it.