01. I have a book that I read a few chapters from and then put down for a time. I seem to pick it back up when I need its words.
02. I asked about the amount of school tours at the museum that day, not expected the five minute conversation about Cleveland’s collection, Georgia O’Keeffe, and getting distracted by art - something we should allow ourselves more often.
03. I’m glad I walked. The pond was quietly elegant, its trees still in bloom.
04. Live classical music in the lobby of the clinic - a cellist and pianist. I noticed one man who sat right in front of the piano, his back to the music, bent over his laptop. I wanted to ask him if he could even hear it.
05. A Washington state Syrah when I got home. Very fruity and light but not too sweet. It had been a long day.
06. The almond flour brownies start with melting two sticks of butter with one cup of chocolate, adding a teaspoon of vanilla and a cup of sugar off heat, and 3 beaten eggs and a cup and a half of the flour once it’s cooled down a little. Bake it at 325 for about 25 minutes. Maybe 30.
07. Home group always starts out a little rocky for me. I don’t always want to be there initially. But, almost every time, it gets better as the night progresses. It ended with a brownie s’more sandwich and a conversation with a new friend before she leaves for another country.